These resources are available free to download and support classroom learning on the subject of World War I. These resources were inspired by our exhibition, “Dowding and WWI: The Making of a Commander” which explored the World War I experiences of Royal Flying Corps (RFC) pilot Hugh Dowding, who later became Commander-in-Chief of RAF Fighter Command at Bentley Priory during the Battle of Britain.
This exhibition and accompanying activities were made possible by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
- 1. WWI Sch Activity Pack Intro
- 2. WWI Timeline
- 3. Aerial Warfare in WWI
- 4. ACTIVITY – Code Breaking
- 5. ACTIVITY – Morse Code Messaging
- 6. ACTIVITY – Aerial Reconnaissance in WWI
- 6a. Aerial Reconnaissance Background Notes
- 7. ACTIVITY – Build a biplane
If you have any feedback or questions about these resources, please email Francesca Piacentini on firstname.lastname@example.org.