- This event has passed.
Friday Morning Talks: Enemy Sighted – With Dilip Amin
3 November at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for our Friday morning talk, where Dilip Amin will be be with us to talk about The Story of the Battle of Britain Bunker at Uxbridge (Former 11 Group Headquarters during the Battle of Britain) and the World’s First
Integrated Air Defence System.
Dilip will be talking about the research behind his recently released book ‘Enemy Sighted’, which:
• Explores the Battle of Britain Bunker’s history and its role in defending the UK
• Shows how an aerial shield was forged in the lead up to WW2, and explains how Britain’s integrated air defence system came together and operated
• Details the Bunker’s central role during the Battle of France, the Dunkirk Evacuation, the Battle of Britain and the Blitz
• Portrays a detailed account of Battle of Britain Day, using actual combat reports
• Reveals how Winston Churchill was influenced by and played a part in the Bunker’s history
• Provides a wealth of captivating information and intriguing facts, assimilated through
extensive research of many original wartime documents
DILIP AMIN is a retired police chief superintendent, with a life-long interest in military history, military aviation, and the Royal Air Force during the Second World War. He volunteers as a tour guide at the Battle of Britain Bunker and relishes the opportunity to share its rich and fascinating story with visitors, bringing its history to life as a tribute to those who served there during the dark days of war. He now puts the investigative and presentational experience gained whilst in the police to good use, devoting much of his time to researching and writing about his field of passion
This talk will take place onsite in the Museum’s Learning Centre and is included in Museum admission or Annual Membership.
Advance booking required – please reserve your seat via the link below.