POSTPONED: Friday Morning Talks: Memoirs of a Cold War USAF Fighter Pilot
27 November at 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Due to the national lockdown, this talk has been postponed and a new date will be set in due course. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Join us for our Friday Morning Talk by speaker Steve Ladd, who will share his experiences in the US Air Force flying the F-4 Phantom on his combat tour in Southeast Asia during the Cold War.
During the talk we will hear about:
• Getting There: Survival Training & Transit—Training and preparation for the combat tour
• A Bit about Kit—’60’s Style—The F-4 aircraft, weapons (ours and theirs); personal equipment
• Mission Profiles—Descriptions of types of mission flown
• Letting Off Steam—a bit about ‘social life’ in the combat zone
• And a touch of humour throughout
By Steve Ladd